This document is to be kept in your truck to provide proof of your exemption from the ELD mandate until March 18, 2018.
Terms and Conditions of the Waiver:
1) Duration of the waiver. This waiver is applicable Dec. 18, 2017 through March 18, 2018.
2) Motor carriers transporting agricultural commodities under the provisions of 49 CFR 395.1(k)(1), are exempt from the ELD requirements in 49 CFR 395.8(a) during the period of this waiver, regardless of the distance traveled.
3) Carriers operating under this waiver must comply with all other applicable requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (49 CFR parts 390 through 399), including the preparation of records of duty status (RODS) for operations which are currently considered to be subject to the HOS rules and the record retention requirements associated with those RODs and supporting documents.
4) Motor carriers operating under this waiver must have a 'satisfactory' safety rating from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration or be unrated; motor carriers with 'conditional' or 'unsatisfactory' safety ratings are prohibited from taking advantage of the waiver.
5) Drivers operating under this waiver must carry a copy of this Federal Register notification and present it to motor carrier safety enforcement officials upon request.