Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
1. In a blender, combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder and vegetable oil.
2. Lay steak in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pierce both sides of the steak with a sharp fork. Pour marinade over steak, then turn and coat the other side. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat grill for high heat.
4. Place grate on highest level and brush lightly with oil. Place steak on the grill and discard marinade. Grill steak 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
Ribeye Steaks with Soy and Ginger Marinade
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4/ cup real maple syrup
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup beer
4 10 ounce beef ribeye steaks
1. In medium size mixing bowl, combine first seven ingredients and then stir in beer.
2. Place steaks in shallow casserole dish, punch holes in steaks for marinade to penetrate meat, pour marinade over and cover. Let marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
3. Heat grill on high heat - place steaks on grill and sear one side about 15 seconds. Turn and cook about 5 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 5 minutes for medium-rare, depending on thickness.
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Blue Cheese-Chive Butter
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4/ teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 pounds flat iron steak
3 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Whisk together first seven ingredients. Place the flat iron steak into a resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Allow steak to stand at room tempature for 15 minutes as the grill warms up.
2. Mash together the butter, blue cheese, chives and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper and set aside.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Remove steak from marinade and place on grill. Cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve with a dollop of blue cheese-chive butter.
4 jalapeno peppers, stemmed
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak
1. Combine jalapenos, garlic, pepper, salt, lime juice and oregano in blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Place steak in a shallow pan or large resealable plastic bag. Pour jalapeno marinade over the steak and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the regrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grill grate.
4. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak 5 minutes per side for medium rare or to desired doneness. Let meat rest before slicing.
Marinated Sirloin Steaks
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
2 5 ounce boneless beef sirloin steaks
3 grean onions, sliced
1. In a blender or food processor, combine honey, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper, cover and process until blended. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag along with steaks and onions. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
2. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Grilled beef recipes courtesy of allrecipes.com.