101 Burger Ideas
Expand your burger building horizons with these great ideas!
Courtesy of Iowa Beef Industry Council
Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the hamburger with 100 new ideas to build a better burger!
1. Pepperoni Pizza Burger: grilled burger covered with pepperoni. Mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce.
2. Verde Burger: grilled ground beef mixed with seasoned garlic, topped with piquant Italian Verde sauce made with parsley, onions and capers.
3. Classic Burger: hamburger with ketchup, mustard and pickles.
4. Greek Burger: topped with herbed Feta cheese, black olives and onions.
5. Hickory Burger: beef patty covered with Cheddar cheese, bacon and hickory barbeque sauce.
6. Meat-O-Rama Pizza Burger: ground beef patty stuffed with Mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes and pizza sauce, and topped with pepperoni and bacon.
7. Caesar Burger: ground beef seasoned with garlic and black pepper, on a crusty roll, accented with Caesar dressing, romaine lettuce and avocado slices.
8. Brocco Burger: ground beef patty dressed with a blend of melted Cheddar cheese and cooked broccoli.
9. Gyro Burger: hamburger topped with white onions, tomatoes and yogurt cucumber dressing.
10. Barbeque Burger: ground beef grilled with a tangy barbeque sauce and hot peppers.
11. Onion Burger: grilled ground beef seasoned with dried onion soup mix, and blanketed with grilled and raw onions.
12. Bistro Burger: ground beef covered with caramelized onions, Brie cheese and crisp bacon, served on a walnut bun.
13. Blue Moon Burger: grilled burger topped with Bleu cheese, sautéed mushrooms, lettuce and tomato served on an onion bun.
14. Bao-Wow Burger: chili seasoned ground beef served on a Chinese Bao bun with soy-ginger mayonnaise and Asian slaw on the side.
15. Cowboy Burger: grilled mushrooms, grilled onion, bacon and Monterey Jack cheese on a flavorful beef patty.
16. Chicago Burger: grilled beef burger with sweet relish, chopped onion, ketchup, mustard and hot peppers.
17. French Bistro Burger: hamburger adorned with walnuts, Gruyere cheese and garlic mustard mayonnaise, on a French roll.
18. Sticky Burger: grilled burger spread with peanut butter, bacon and Jack cheese.
19. Five-Spice Burger: ground beef seasoned with Chinese five-spice, grilled, and served with a soy-ginger sauce.
20. Olive Festival Pizza Burger: beef burger stuffed with Mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce covered with sliced black and green olives.
21. Shrimpy Burgers: mini grilled burgers decorated with cream cheese, cocktail sauce and chopped shrimp.
22. Rowdy Reuben Burger: grilled beef patty smothered with melted Swiss cheese, thousand island dressing and zesty coleslaw, served on marble rye.
23. Earth & Turf Burger: grilled ground beef, beneath a golden porcini mushroom sauce with grilled zucchini squash and sweet red bell peppers.
24. Egg Burger: a lean ground beef patty paired with a fried or scrambled egg.
25. Thai-Cobb Burger: grilled ground beef served with avocado, tomatoes and bean sprouts, accented with a light peanut dressing.
26. Horseradish-Garlic Burger: topped with onions, garlic and horseradish.
27. Stroganoff Burger: ground beef patty dressed with sour cream, grilled onions, Swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato, served on a fresh wheat bun.
28. Trattoria Burger: grilled beef burger layered with roasted red bell peppers, pesto mayonnaise, and Mozzarella cheese, served on focaccia bread.
29. Peking Burger: mix ground beef with a dash of Peking marinade, and grill. Serve topped with julienned mixed greens and an Asian flavored plum vinaigrette. (Marinade: Hoisin sauce, minced garlic, grated ginger, Chinese five-spice, salt and black pepper.)
30. Spicy Burger: Jack cheese melted on a lean ground burger with jalapeno peppers and onions.
31. Cordon Bleu Burger: ground beef patty beneath a layer of sliced ham, Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard.
32. Burger Al Forno: ground beef seasoned with robust Italian seasonings, fresh garlic, and rosemary, served with a golden Parmesan crust.
33. Garlic Burger: garlic powder mixed into ground beef, grilled, topped with garlic cheese and a dollop of garlic mayonnaise.
34. Corny Burger: tangy corn relish atop a beef patty. (Red pepper, corn, white vinegar, ground red pepper, salt and green onions.)
35. The Beefster: grilled hamburger patty topped with roast beef, horseradish and Muenster cheese, served on an onion roll.
36. Milanese Burger: ground beef patty lightly coated with bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and oregano, pan fried till done. Accented with watercress sprigs and vinaigrette.
37. Simple Cheeseburger: ground round burger layered with your choice of Cheddar, American, or Colby-Jack cheese.
38. Big Island Burger: hamburger stuffed with Mozzarella cheese, covered with Canadian bacon and pineapple.
39. Taco Burger: topped with shredded lettuce, tomato, sour cream and black olives.
40. Breakfast Omelette Burger: grilled ground beef patty piled high with diced ham, Cheddar cheese, mushrooms and green peppers, served on a toasted English muffin.
41. Walla Walla Burger: hamburger pan fired in sweet & sour chutney made with sautéed white onions, raisins, mustard seed and marsala wine. Served on thick sliced Texas toast.
42. German Classic: grilled burger with aged Cheddar cheese and Dusseldorf mustard.
43. Blue Bayou Burger: topped with crumbled Bleu cheese, lettuce, tomato, hot pepper mayonnaise, served on a sesame seed bun.
44. Chili Burger: hearty beef burger hidden beneath your favorite homemade chili and shredded cheese.
45. Kalamata Burger: chopped green & Greek kalamata olives mixed with cream cheese spread on a grilled hamburger.
46. Lucky Burger: grilled beef burger on sesame rye bread, layered with hot-sweet mustard, prepared horseradish, sharp Cheddar, green apple slices, red apple slices and sliced almonds.
47. Pinwheel Burger: different colored, quartered cheese slices arranged in a pinwheel design melted atop a grilled burger.
48. Santa Fe Burger Asada: grilled beef brushed with chili puree, placed on a torta bun with bean dip, guacamole and sour cream.
49. Anchovy Pizza Burger: anchovies, Mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce stuffed into a grilled hamburger.
50. North Woods Burger: grilled ground beef stuffed with a wild mushroom sauce featuring shiitake, chanterelle, oyster and hedgehog mushrooms. Enhance with yellow and red bell peppers.
51. Cajun Burger: seasoned ground beef grilled with Cajun spices and spiced up with jalapeno cheese, chili mayonnaise and pico de gallo sauce.
52. Black Jack Burger: melted Jack cheese over a Cajun blackened beef burger, served on a sesame bun with Creole mayonnaise, onions and tomatoes.
53. Double Decker Pizza Burger: Cheddar cheese and pizza sauce between two thin beef patties.
54. The Gouda Burger: sliced Gouda cheese and grilled zucchini atop a grilled hamburger.
55. Simple Twist Burger: lean ground beef patty served with a slice of tomato and grated Asiago cheese on a hard roll.
56. Pineapple-Gruyere Burger: topped with grilled fresh pineapple and smoked Gruyere cheese.
57. Tex-Mex Burger: grilled ground beef piled with guacamole, onions and bacon.
58. Cheesy Pizza Burger: lean burger covered with pizza sauce, Provolone, sharp Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses.
59. Provolone Ranger Burger: seasoned ground beef coated with Provolone cheese, warm black olives and tomatoes, served on focaccia bread.
60. Gorgonzola Burger: hamburger stuffed with Gorgonzola cheese, grilled and spread with sweet mustard.
61. Ginger-Island Burger: mix uncooked ground beef with soy sauce, ginger, cilantro and sesame oil, then grill.
62. Texas Red Burger: grilled beef patty served open-faced and smothered with chili, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, and grilled onion.
63. Beany Burger: dried Cajun seasoning mixed with ground beef blanketed with pork-n-beans.
64. Smokey Burger: beef burger topped with roasted balsamic onions, grilled bacon and smoked cheese.
65. Dieters Burger: grilled lean ground beef patty with low-fat cottage cheese and no bun.
66. Outback Burger: grilled burger topped with tender cactus, green salsa and spicy pepper cheese.
67. Worcestershire Burger: hamburger covered with mushrooms sautéed in Worcestershire sauce.
68. Dilly Cheeseburger: grilled burger seasoned with fresh dill and adorned with Provolone cheese, sautéed mushrooms and grilled onions.
69. Cheeseburger in Paradise: beef patty lightly dressed with melted Brick cheese, pineapple slice and shredded coconut.
70. Ranch-hand Burger: hamburger piled with pinto beans, bacon, chilies and Cheddar cheese on a potato roll.
71. Alpine Burger: lean ground beef smothered in sautéed mushrooms and Swiss cheese.
72. Garden-fresh Burger: ground beef mixed with onions, beets and potatoes, accented with dilled sour cream.
73. West Indies Burger: ground beef mixed with cilantro, garlic, lime juice, curry powder, cumin, allspice and hot sauce. Grill and accent with mango chutney.
74. Fajita Beef Burger: patty mixed with fajita seasoning, and wrapped with guacamole, sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and salsa, served in a flour tortilla.
75. Bruschetta Burger: Italian seasoned ground beef with fresh tomato and basil, served on toasted garlic French bread.
76. Sunshine Burger: aged Cheddar cheese, sprouts, scallions and avocado, embellishing a lean beef burger, served on whole wheat bread.
77. Beef LT: burger prepared BLT style – bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise on grilled tomato bread.
78. Pesto Burger: cooked spinach, Mozzarella cheese and pesto sauce served atop a grilled beef patty.
79. Flank Steak Chili Burger: ground flank steak seasoned with cumin and cayenne pepper, heightened with black bean chili.
80. Mediterranean Burger: beef patty seasoned with Mediterranean spices (hot paprika, garlic, cumin, oregano leaves, mint leaves), grilled and served with gyro sauce in pita bread.
81. Pita Pizza Burger: ground beef patty grilled, covered with an herb seasoned tomato sauce and melted Italian cheeses, served on a pita loaf.
82. Parisian Burger: topped with crumbled Bleu cheese, marinated red onions and tomatoes served on a croissant.
83. Tough Texan Burger: ground beef seasoned with hot sauce and dried red peppers, smothered with Pepper cheese and barbeque sauce, served on thick Texas toast.
84. Aphrodisiac Burger: grilled beef patty lovingly stuffed with oysters and dressed with steak sauce.
85. Bleu Cheese Burger: crumbled Bleu cheese and bacon covering a grilled hamburger.
86. Veg-Head Burger: lean ground beef piled with cucumber slices, tomatoes, sprouts, creamy
dill dressing served on sun-dried tomato bread.
87. Dragon Burger: grilled ground beef patty, Limburger cheese and raw onion on an onion roll.
88. Crabby Burger: shredded crab salad with Swiss cheese atop a beef patty served on a croissant.
89. Hawaiian Supreme: ground beef patty stuffed with crushed pineapple, topped with a candied apple slice and sweet & sour sauce.
90. Tortilla Burger: beef mixed with onion, dried oregano and basil. Grilled and wrapped with tomato, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, all in a soft tortilla shell.
91. The Islander Burger: beef patty smothered with thousand island dressing, with lettuce, tomato and pickle.
92. California Burger Chiffonade: chopped walnuts, garlic and black pepper mixed into ground beef, and grilled. Burger topped with guacamole, lettuce, Brick cheese and red onion.
93. Potato Chip Burger: hamburger accented with your favorite potato chips, ketchup and mustard.
94. Bagel Burger: lean ground beef patty served with tomato and onion on a fresh bagel with flavored cream cheese.
95. Jalapeno Burger Topper: ground beef seasoned with diced jalapeno peppers, a splash of hot pepper sauce, and grilled. Top with melted Cheddar and cream cheese.
96. Basic Burger: grilled ground round burger seasoned with salt and pepper.
97. Burger Au Poivre: grilled ground beef served with crumbled Bleu cheese, coarse ground pepper, chopped parsley and Mozzarella cheese on Vienna bread.
98. Scandinavian Burger: dill-seasoned ground beef patty covered in Gruyere and Cheddar cheeses, lettuce, cucumber slices, red onion, and served on a rye bun.
99. Billy Burger: grilled hamburger with ketchup only, no mustard, no pickles, no onions. Don’t forget to cut it in half!
100. Brie Burger: herbed Brie, warmed and placed over Granny Smith apples atop a lean ground beef burger with a hint of spicy mustard.
101. Chili Con Queso Burger: beef burger smothered in melted jalapeno cheese sauce.